Arigna Water Supply Scheme; Emergency Water Treatment Plant
Arigna WSS located in North Roscommon supplies both the village of Arigna and the surrounding area. The water supply scheme consists of a borehole and spring source feeding into a treated water reservoir of approximately 66 m3.
Glan Agua Ltd offered an emergency water treatment plant proposal based on the following raw water inputs;
- Iron; 2.07 mg/l
- Manganese; 317 g/l
- Turbidity; 4 NTU
- Colour; 20 hazen
- Spring source supply; 5 m3/hr (gravity)
- Borehole supply; 10 m3/hr (pumped)
The solution offers Roscommon County Council an emergency containerized treatment plant with the hydraulic capacity of 15 m3/hr, which incorporates the following equipment;
- Micron Filter (200 m) to remove any large stones or debris which may arise from the raw water sources at the site.
- Primary separation to remove sand and coarse solids from the raw water source.
- Chemical treatment with flash mixing which can cater for potassium permanganate, chemical oxidation, coagulation.
- Multi media filters for the removal of oxidized metals and turbidity.
- Granulated Activated Carbon filters to adsord organic particles and remove colour.
- Provision of a third party validated UV disinfection unit.
- Chemical disinfection with sodium hypochorite.
- Fully automated control system with integrated PLC with sms dial out facility to operator.