Cavan RWSS Contract No 3 – Knockataggart Treatment Plant Upgrade
The works involved in the Knockataggart project are as follows:
The elements included in this project are the design and construction of the following items:
- A new settling tank.
- Two rapid gravity filters.
- Interconnecting pipework associated with the new filters.
- Sludge holding tank and thickening facilities.
- Sludge dewatering building.
- Filter Press.
- Filtration equipment for treatment of wash water.
- Interconnecting pipework associated with sludge treatment works.
- All associated mechanical and electrical equipment and civil engineering works.
- All associated ductwork and electrical installation.
- All associated instrumentation.
- External insulation to the existing Chemical Treatment House Building.
- Improvement of access to existing Chemical Treatment House Building
- Removal, disposal and replacement of Filter Media in existing filter beds – to be undertaken once the expanded plant it completed and operational.