Cheekpoint Sewerage Scheme
The works will consist of providing wastewater collection and treatment for Cheekpoint Village:
- Wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) and associated 400mm diameter outfall for treated effluent to the River Suir
- A submersible pumping station, 100mm diameter rising main to the treatment plant and 350mm diameter storm overflow outfall to the River Suir
- 450mm, 400mm, 375mm, 300mm, 250mm and 225mm diameter combined soul and storm drainage network in the village. This network will pick up the existing sewers in the village.
- Decommissioning of the existing septic tanks located at the Mount, the Crossroads and in private gardens (5 no.)
- Immediate connection of approximately 39 private premises to the new collection system.
- Provision of 150mm connection pipework to approximately 57 property boundaries to cater for future connections.
- Miscellaneous associated works specified.
Glan Agua Ltd along with their sister company MEIC Ltd will be responsible for the Design, Build and Operation of the collection system and Wastewater Treatment Plant for a period of 6 months following substantial completion.