The works consisted of providing wastewater collection and treatment for Cheekpoint Village:
- Wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) and associated 400mm diameter outfall for treated effluent to the River Suir
- A submersible pumping station, 100mm diameter rising main to the treatment plant and 350mm diameter storm overflow outfall to the River Suir
- 450mm, 400mm, 375mm, 300mm, 250mm and 225mm diameter combined soul and storm drainage network in the village. This network will pick up the existing sewers in the village.
- Decommissioning of the existing septic tanks located at the Mount, the Crossroads and in private gardens (5 no.)
- Immediate connection of approximately 39 private premises to the new collection system.
- Provision of 150mm connection pipework to approximately 57 property boundaries to cater for future connections.
- Miscellaneous associated works specified.