The Four Roscommon RWSS DBO Contract involves the design, construction and operation and maintenance of 5 No. Water Treatment Plants ranging in size from 61m3/hr to 318m3/hr. The Contract includes a 20 year Operation and Maintenance period for the 5 No. WTPs.
The Contract included 5 No. Water Treatment Plant within Four Regional Water Supply Schemes, as follows:
- South Roscommon Regional Water Supply Scheme (SRRWSS) Lisbrock and Killeglan WTPs.
- Roscommon Central Regional Water Supply Scheme (RCRWSS) Ballinagard WTP.
- Boyle Ardcarne Regional Water Supply Scheme (BARWSS) Rockingham WTP.
- Arigna Regional Water Supply Scheme (ARWSS) Ballyfarnon WTP.
The general scope of works and objective of the Contract is outlined as follows:
- Development of the production wells/springs including chambers, pumps, rising mains to the WTP and associated telemetry.
- The development of Hughestown wellfield including the production wells & chambers, control building and pump house.
- The provision of five Water Treatment Plants and associated water pumping facilities in four out of five WTPs.
- To provide appropriate barriers to Cryptosporidium in accordance with the EPA Water Treatment Manual: Disinfection, published in November 2011; and to reduce the risk of Cryptosporidium to low risk level in accordance with the EPA Cryptosporidium Risk Assessment Methodology.
- The treatment and disposal of any sludge and wastes generated.
- The provision of a booster pumping station at Rockhill (ARWSS).
- Instrumentation and telemetry, metering and sampling equipment.
- Review and upgrading of existing infrastructure.
- To design & build water level instrumentation, outlet bulk meter and outlet sampling on the distribution outlet from the existing Reservoirs.
- The interim operation and maintenance of these facilities during DB Phase.
- Operation and maintenance of existing and new facilities for a 20 year O&M period.
- Operation and maintenance of some rising mains, constructed by others, for the 20 years operation and maintenance period.