Dundrum Water Treatment Plant Upgrade Contract
The project involved the design and construction of the upgraded plant including process,?mechanical & electrical and control & automation. The Works consisted of the following:
- Provision of intake screen at intake works and associated civil works – including the upgrading and improvement of the fish pass system.
- Provide new duty/standby raw water pumps.
- Extension to the Raw Water Pump house.
- Provide flash mixing tank/contact tank upstream of settlement tanks.
- Upgrading of chemical dosing and storage facilities
- Upgrading of settlement tank including sludge removal mechanism.
- Upgrading of rapid gravity filter beds, including structural and mechanical upgrades.
- Provision of automatic backwashing facilities.
- Provision of new instrumentation and control facilities.
- Provision of new electrical control panel and upgrading of complete electrical installation.
- Complete re-wiring of existing electrical installation
- Provision of a new PLC, telemetry and SCADA facility.
- Commissioning of all works while maintaining the treated water output.
- Decommissioning and disposal of all redundant equipment.
- Other sundry works as required.