Mount Talbot Four Roads PWSS
The Mount Talbot Four Roads PWSS Filtration and UV Disinfection project involved the design and construction of?a treatment system providing filtration and disinfection to a spring source water at a peak design flow rate of 3, 200 m3/day. The overall scope of the project included;
- Installation of a pressure filtration system with coagulation to remove elevated levels of turbidity up to 4 NTU and to increase UVT values upwards of 70%.
- Installation of a dual disinfection system by means of chlorination and UV disinfection.
- Installation of 2 no. UV units operating on duty/standby delivering a validated dose at 70% UVT.
- Installation of new raw water spring source pumps to deliver water trough the new pressure filtration plant, a break pressure tank and new treated water high lift pumps to deliver treated water to the remote treated water reservoir.
- Provision of backwash settlement with automated time delay for decant of settled backwash water