The Design-Build Works to be carried out under this Contract include the Civil Works, Process Design and Mechanical and Electric installations of 7 Water Treatment Plants in County Roscommon. The following is a brief summary of the works to be carried out as part of the project on a mixture of surface and groundwater sources:
- Construction of a water treatment building and external tanks, accommodating water treatment process plant and equipment, raw and treated water storage tanks, treated water reservoirs, raw and treated water mains, chemical storage and process tanks, process pipe work and fittings, process control and monitoring instrumentation, point of delivery chamber and monitoring equipment, treated water pumping and equipment, SCADA system and wastewater and waste disposal system.
- Source Protection Works and upgrade of existing abstraction facilities
- Provision and Installation of mechanical and electrical plant and equipment.
- Construction of site development works, including paving, access roads, security fencing, site landscaping, site and building drainage.
- Decommission and demolish existing works (including structures).
- Operation and maintenance of 7 Water Treatment plants for 20 years.